Individual Annuity "Remove as You Go" Option (Maturity Funding) After a plan sponsor has removed the block from the pension plan, BCG would then set up a maturity funding contract or simply, "remove as you go". Retirement Income Preserver Sometimes referred to as "maturity funding," is an individual Annuity for employees to convert part or all of the IRA or 401(k) account balance into a secure, guaranteed payment stream for a lifetime for the retiree or retiree and spouse, or for a specific number of years. The Retirement Income Preserver Annuity is an Institutional Product that is designed to meet the specific needs of each retiree. For the same $25,000 annuity purchased on the "Street" or retail product, the Retirement Income Preserver Annuity will provide a greater monthly benefit. For example, a male age 65, female age 62, asks to see how much $25,000 would convert to a monthly benefit. The "Street" product would generate x, while the Retirement Income Preserver Annuity product would generate y. Why? In much the same way that a full plan termination takes a group of plan participants, calculates their retirement benefit payments and purchases a group annuity to fund the obligations, the Retirement Income Preserver Annuity program does this on an individual level. The Retiree receives competitive pricing from multiple, high rated Insurance Carriers within 48 hours of their request. Our product uses a Group Mortality Table in all situations vs. a "Street" or retail product that uses an Individual Mortality Table and is loaded with high commissions. Why do retirees need a Retirement Income Preserver Annuity? The biggest risk facing today's retirees is how do I manage my money if I don't even know how long I am going to live. The average participant today has difficulty managing their money before retirement, and this inexperience makes an annuity a smart option. How Long Will We Live? A male, age 65, has a 50% chance of living to age 85 and a 25% chance of living to age 92 A female, age 65, has a 50% change of living to age 88 and a 25% chance of living to age 94 A couple, both age 65, has a 50% chance of living to age 92 and a 25% chance of living to age 97 These figures show that today's retirees need an annuity to help with their retirement needs. Simply put, they can't outlive the annuity! Employer Advantages Another option to offer Employees No costs Decrease Administrative Costs Employee Advantages Diversification Increased Purchasing Power Competitive Pricing Possibly Income for Life of annuitant The employer typically establishes the program through which departing employees are contacted either through the human resource department or by referral to a BCG representative. We also have the capability to create a link on your website for the participants to find more information or to request a quote. BCG Pension Risk Consultants can help evaluate your plan to see if this type of program would be appropriate to implement. We will work with your staff to ensure a smooth transition for future plan participants to provide their retirement benefits. Remember, the greatest risk facing most today's retirees is underestimating how long they'll live. The greatest exposure they face is financial risk in the form of market volatility, inflation and living well into their 90's.